Senior Interior Designer
We are seeking a Senior Interior Designer to strategize and collaborate with team members to develop high-quality, innovative interior design solutions for a wide variety of clients and project types. You will complete full interior design packages from programming and space planning to construction documents and construction administration.
We are committed to growing our team of exceptionally talented technical and design professionals and offering each of them (and you!) meaningful career advancement opportunities. This position has the potential to move into a Project Management role eventually so this person must have the desire and ability to perform in a player/coach role.
The ideal candidate is driven, resourceful and detail oriented to ensure the highest level of quality and service. Organizational skills, flexibility and critical thinking are necessary traits. A creative and proactive individual who is eager to take on new challenges and learn new skills will thrive in this position.
- Collaborate with Client and Project Manager to establish project goals and objectives including design intent, schedule, and budget parameters.
- Meet with vendors, consultants and contractors to facilitate design goals as well as determine methods of achieving successful implementation of plans.
- Manage FF&E process for the projects. Review specifications and work with furniture dealer(s) to ensure bids meet the client’s budget and timeline.
- Make site visits to review existing conditions, coordinate with contractors and assess design quality is achieved.
- Provides direction to project team and mentorship of junior designers.
- Complete a full design package from visioning, programming and space planning to construction and CA.
- Develop innovative design, furniture and lighting concepts.
- Prepare construction documents and technical interior architectural details.
- Review contractor questions and submittals to ensure compliance with design solutions.
- Immerse yourself in current design trends, products, construction systems and building codes.
- Create space plan which meets client’s goals and objectives, building constraints and applicable codes, elevations, sketches, and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials.
- Complete research and selection of architectural products and systems; finishes and furniture.
- Participate in the interview/proposal process to secure new business.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
- NCIDQ certification is encouraged, but not required Professional membership and active participation in Industry Associations ie. IIDA and ASID preferred.
- Preferred experience of 10 years working in the field, commercial office experience
- Candidate must be experienced in Revit documentation. Knowledge and working experience with Enscape, Google Sketch-up, Photoshop, and In Design is a plus.
- Strong programming and conceptualization skills
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and regulations.
- Must also be a proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong documentation and field observation skills with an understanding of how documents translate to contractors.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills.
- Able to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details.
- Renders design concepts in the form of 3D renderings, rendered elevations and floor plans to communicate design to client.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
Are you a fit for this role? Applicants must submit a comprehensive portfolio (PDF is preferred) of your work to be considered for this position, along with a resume and cover letter. Please note the name of the position you desire in the email subject line.
Email address: INFO@sheldenarch.com
You will assist in project including project planning, conceptual design, and project completion – from participating in client presentations, to visioning, programming, schematic design and design development, construction documents and furniture specification. Our culture is highly participative, transparent and fun! Join a firm where you can pursue your passion and have a life!
We work hard and have fun doing it. Not only will you find us creating amazing designs for our clients, you’ll also find us celebrating staff birthdays and anniversaries, giving back to our community, playing racquetball together, enjoying happy hours, and coming together as a team to reach our goals.